Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Carpe Diem #436, companionship



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy ... really it's spring here in The Netherlands. Nature is in full bloom, trees are blossoming, narcissus in full bloom and so on ... so I am really in awe ... Mother Earth has started to put on here spring-clothes ... finally.
Today or next 'spring-prompt' is on ... companionship ... and it brought immediately my first English haiku (2005) in mind. I have shared that one last April here at Carpe Diem.

a lonely flower
my companion
for one night

(c) Chèvrefeuille


companionship

And this is the haiku which Jane Reichhold used as one of the examples for this kigo:

meeting an old friend
at the mountain stream
a bear


(c) Jane Reichhold

It's een nice haiku and I can picture it very well. Companionship ... is what binds us together as a haiku-family ... and that companionship is very strong.

And of course I want to share a new haiku/senryu with you all inspired mostly on the photo above. A nice one I think.

companionship -
seated along the high way
scrounger and his dog


(c) Chèvrefeuille

Well ... this is it for today. I hope this post will inspire you all to write a wonderful haiku or two or more (smiles). This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 4th 11.59 AM (CET). I will (try to) post our new episode later on today. That will be: Desire.

Namaste.


7 comments:

  1. recalling school days...
    my dog
    waits at the bus stop

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I love your dog photo ~ Happy Week to you ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the new prompts. and I can tell your haiku shines as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad was able to participate today. Maybe the Spring weather will help. Good to see you all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Bjorn. I am so far enjoying the new prompts. :-)
    -Anmol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new prompts so much that I've linked twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realise the time difference is so great. I tried to link now, 18h00 RSA and the linkup was closed. Posted anyway.

    ReplyDelete