Saturday, October 21, 2017

Carpe Diem #1285 Conqueror of the Sky


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

This month I have no "weekend-meditation" episodes, but I have chosen for inspirational music created by young and very talented musicians. Today I have a beautiful composition by Peter Crowley titled "conqueror of the sky".

conqueror of the sky
magnificent eagles fly in praise of their Creator
waves come and go


© Chèvrefeuille

I don't really know if this haiku fits the music, but as I read the title of this composition I immediately thought of eagles. Those magnificent birds that rule the sky. So I had to create this haiku impromptu before listening to the music.

I wonder ... will this haiku fit the music?


After listening to this composition it became obvious that my haiku fits the music, but instead of eagles I could have used dragons, so I ran through my archives to find a haiku in which I have used "dragon":

crystal clear sunlight
reflects all colors in the mirror -
shadow of a dragon

ama on the beach
gives her most beautiful smile -
pearls for a dragon god

against the blue sky
the devilish dragon kite
just like yesterday

© Chèvrefeuille (archive)

I love the music by Peter Crowley and his You Tube channel is really worth a visit. You can find his channel by clicking on the link earlier in this post.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 28th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, love, later on.




2 comments:

  1. ooh, I love dragons. Your dragon haiku are effervescent; for me, gives a happy bubbly feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastical music with a Celtic rhythm, Middle-Earth impression!

    ReplyDelete